- Submission details:
- Submission received: 20 April 2017, 02:25:38
- Processing time: 5 min 57 sec
- Submitted sample:
- File MD5: 0xD9EA41922D5B91919FCA25D2D6F21737
- File SHA-1: 0x97B6348536B328904497DAAFCCF82DA209B6A1A6
- Filesize: 196,096 bytes
|File System Modifications|
- The following files were deleted:
- %CommonPrograms% is a variable that refers to the file system directory that contains the directories for the common program groups that appear on the Start menu for all users. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs (Windows NT/2000/XP).
- %Programs% is a variable that refers to the file system directory that contains the user's program groups. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Start Menu\Programs.
- The following directory was deleted:
- There were new processes created in the system:
|Process Name||Process Filename||Main Module Size|
|[filename of the sample #1]||[file and pathname of the sample #1]||319,488 bytes|
- %AppData% is a variable that refers to the file system directory that serves as a common repository for application-specific data. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\[UserName]\Application Data.
- There were new memory pages created in the address space of the system process(es):
- %System% is a variable that refers to the System folder. By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\Winnt\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP).
- The following Registry Key was created:
- The newly created Registry Value is:
- Windows Explorer Manager = "%AppData%\Update\Explorer.exe"
- The following Registry Values were deleted:
- VMware Tools = "%ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware Tools\VMwareTray.exe"
- VMware User Process = "%ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware Tools\VMwareUser.exe"
- MSMSGS = ""%ProgramFiles%\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background"
- To mark the presence in the system, the following Mutex objects were created:
All content ("Information") contained in this report is the copyrighted work of Threat Expert Ltd and its associated companies ("ThreatExpert") and may not be copied without the express permission of ThreatExpert.
The Information is provided on an "as is" basis. ThreatExpert disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties that the Information is merchantable, of satisfactory quality, accurate, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing, unless such implied warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. Further, ThreatExpert does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Information in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise.
Copyright © 2018 ThreatExpert. All rights reserved.